|How to get to Corsica
- By air: The most convenient way to get to Cargèse is by airplane to Ajaccio airport. Find informations about how to reach Corsica by air (here) .
Caution: International flights usually arrive to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (north of Paris) and flights to Ajaccio are usually from Paris Orly (south of Paris). It is possible to reach Orly airport from CDG in about 1h 30 by taking the RER B line south to Antony, and using the Orlyval shuttle from Antony RER station to Orly. Alternatively, there are buses going directly from CDG to Orly, but time varies upon traffic.
- By sea: Several ferry companies make the trip from France or Italy (SNCM , Corsica ferries)
|How to get to Cargese
- By bus: There is a bus every hour to go from the Ajaccio airport and Ajaccio bus station (see timetable and map). And a bus runs twice a day between Ajaccio (bus station) and Cargèse (two buses a day except sundays) (see timetable)
- Organized bus:
Location: The bus will leave from the bus-parking lot (watch out : this parking is different from the car parking).
The parking lot for buses is situated at the southern part of the airport.
To reach it , do not exit the airport hall. Facing the exit doors, go to the left, the exit to the bus parking lot is situated between the jewellery and the art gallery.
Please check the sign :"IESC : Institut d'Etudes Scientifiques de Cargese"
- A bus is planned on Monday 7th late morning 11am (after the last plane arrival in the morning) for the tutorial week at the airport to drive the partcipants to Cargese.
- A bus is planned on Monday 14th late morning 11am (after the last plane arrival in the morning) for the ADA7 conference at the airport to drive the partcipants to Cargese.
- By taxi: Taxicabs between Ajaccio Airport and Cargese cost approximately 90 Euros. Visitors arriving late or departing early should order a cab with the institute.
- By car: All main car rental companies are available at Ajaccio airport. If you drive to Cargèse from Ajaccio, follow the direction "Calvi par la côte" (or "Calvi" when missing).
|INFORMATION ON CORSICA
|There are many sites on the web with information about all
aspects of Corsica. If you need additional information, contact
the conference organizers.